Role; Programmer Analyst
Location: Regina, SK
Duration: 1 year + ext.
- As the Programmer Analyst, you will analyze, design, program, test, implement and document developments and enhancements to WCB’s information systems to meet user requirements and support business operations.
- Analyze the requirements of assigned departments and individual users and confer with user departments regarding the nature of the information processing required and the business specifications to be met.
- Compile, present and verify requirements with the user or Business Analyst, and present risks and alternate solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain SSRS, Excel dashboard, Power BI dashboard/reports.
- Design, develop and maintain SSIS packages to integration.
- Gather requirements, design, program, test (unit, acceptance and integration), implement and document changes for any dashboard/reports development or enhancement project.
- Provide reports and information for decision support and maintain and support custom developed and packaged applications.
- Provide second level support to users, including resolving problems as they arise.
Other necessary skills are
- The priority technologies required for applicants are Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, T/SQL, SSRS, Excel Dashboard
Oracle BI Publisher, Excel, Power BI.
It is also an asset to be knowledgeable in, SSIS, Power Builder, Unix on AIX and Windows OS Platforms, Unix shell script, XML.
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university, along with a minimum of three (3) year of computer programming experience.
- A two year diploma in Computer Science from an accredited post-secondary education institution, along with a minimum of five (5) years of computer programming experience.