We are looking for a Pre-sales Engineer (sometimes called a Sales Engineer) who will demo Tangentia's products to new and existing customers. You may have been a Sales Engineer or come from another role, where you shared a passion for customer interaction and technology.
You will apply product knowledge throughout the sales cycle and collaborate across all departments within Tangentia to ensure our products are presented accurately and our value prop is being articulated effectively.
Working with both net-new opportunities and existing customers, you can get creative with your storytelling to really demonstrate how our customers interact with Tangentia's products.
Your day to day - let's break it down!
Product Demonstration (25%)*
Measures of success: Applying product and domain knowledge to configure the software and setup scenarios to demonstrate to the customer how Tangentia will address their needs.
- Confidently present technical presentations of Tangentia products and services for customers, partners, and prospects while assisting with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Technical preparation for demonstrations (POC): setup/configuration, functioning software
Application of Product Knowledge (50%)
Measures of success: Providing high quality responses and being prepared for customer facing meetings to put Tangentia in the best position to win deals.
- Stays abreast of new features, bugs and configuration approaches from product, apps and professional services
- Prepares demonstrations within Tangentia products based on information provided and/or research to meet and exceed a customer’s requirements
- Gathers customer requirements and assists in preparing accurate Statement of Works/High Level Estimates to be delivered by our Professional Services team
- Articulates responses to customer questions and RFP functional requirements to ensure appropriate coverage and to build confidence in our products/services
Sales Support (25%)
Measures of success: Collaborating with cross-functional departments to leverage all possible information to provide the sales team with clear and concise value and benefits to support the sales cycle.
- Determining key benefits for customers with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Executive Sponsors and Product team
- Effectively creating relevant customer stories to ensure clear communication of value proposition
- Support the sales team with discovery calls, RFPs, POC's, post demo activities and documentation in our CRM
People who Excel (Your Background):
- 2-3 years experience in a related role or field (Sales, Solution Engineering, or Customer Success)
- Experience in B2B SaaS company is a bonus, extra points for work with an enterprise software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams; specifically, with technical teams (Product, Sales, Marketing, Professional Services)
- You’re a go-getter with an excellent ability to manage ongoing projects simultaneously
- You have exceptional communication skills and don't shy away from speaking publicly and presenting
- You’re someone who loves to take on challenges; you work hard to understand the in’s and out’s of new products and services
- You’re accountable for your work! You take the time to invest in research, learning, and practice to make yourself an expert in your field!
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a work and education background verification.
This position is located at Tangentia's head office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Interviews will be held remotely.
At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
We thank all those who apply, however, please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.